"I think you have a gift for working with hoarders - especially by way of phrasing questions so they do not seem overwhelming. I felt there was already a respect for the client. There was no waste of the client's time and an unhesitating commitment to hard work! - Sister Joan."
How The Randall Company works with hoarders:
Respect for the client and the dignity of the client are paramount.
There are never any put-downs, snide comments, gasps or expressions of
amazement. Our goal is to make the living quarters safe, healthy and
functional. Together with the client determinations are made:
- Have the client determine what are their most important possessions.
- Establish boundaries for decisions which need to be made.
- Establish an agreement on articles of little value (junk mail, old newspapers, old magazines, out dated food, etc) which can be discarded.
- All piles, bags and boxes are carefully gone through. Appropriate determinations are made on what needs to be kept, shredded or donated/recycled.
- Teamwork is established, the client being one of the team members. De-cluttering work and clearing out is done with the client.
- Referrals to professional counseling when appropriate and/or requested.
- References for additional cleaning services, trash removal, or handyman repair services may be required.
Phone: 240-620-5075 Email: Kathy@TheRandallCompany.net